The GEI-X5 Fuel Cell: The GEI-X5 Fuel Cell has several advantages over current energy-producing technologies. The solution to concerns regarding energy security is the GEI-X5 High Temperature PEM (HTPEM) fuel cell power systems. The GEI-X5 HTPEM power generation and fuel reforming solution provide customers requiring an efficient; environmentally benign, clean energy (near zero emissions), quiet, low maintenance, fuel flexible, and affordable electric power generation with the scalability to provide from a few kW to several hundred kW. Fuel cells can also be “stacked” to produce voltage levels that match power needs in a wide variety of applications. They are efficient, require low and easy maintenance, and can be adapted to specialized applications. Fuel cells provide the cleanest and one of the most efficient power generation technologies today. They also provide economic benefits that advance critical national and international environmental goals.
The GEI-X5 HTPEM technology operates at 160C-180C and allows for the cost-effective hydrogen extraction (or fuel reforming) from available fuels such as propane, natural gas, bio-fuels, methane, methanol, and synthetic fuels. As such, the fuel-flexible GEI-X5 fuel cell is not limited by the lack of a hydrogen infrastructure. Fuel cells provide the ideal solution for a myriad of portable, on-board and stationary electric power generation applications.
Demonstration of the GEI-X5 Fuel Cell Producing Electricity:
Key Advantages include:
- Scalable technology from small to large kW fuel cell electric power systems;
- Independent of the hydrogen infrastructure and does not require pure hydrogen for electric power production;
- Uses locally available carbon-based infrastructure fuels employing a fuel reforming system that is 50% smaller than traditional fuel reforming systems with a 30% increase in power density (kW/liter);
- Results in a 40% reduction in fuel consumption vs. diesel electric generators;
- Reduces harmful CO2 greenhouse gas emissions by 80% as compared to diesel electric generators;
- Provide silent power generation and multi-fuel diversity;
- More efficient use of thermal energy or by-product heat used in a combined heat and power application resulting in high-system efficiencies;
- Reduction of balance-of-plant (BOP) components for cooling, water management and purification resulting in reduced maintenance and simpler operations and controls.